Viant US LLC (“we,” “us,” or “our”) operates www.potens.io(the “Site”), and the Potens platform application, including all tools available through Potens, such as Magnus and Goliath (“App”, when referred to collectively with the Site, “Services”). This policy describes our privacy practices regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information we receive from users of the Services. By using the Services, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
I. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information you give us
While using the Services, we may ask you to provide personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you, such as your name, email address, and phone number (“Personal Information”).
Information from your interaction with the Site
We may collect other information through your use of the Site (“Site Information”), using the following methods.
- Server Logs. Our servers automatically record the page requests made when you visit the Site (“Server Logs”). These Server Logs typically include your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- A cookie is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit a website. When you visit the website again, the cookie allows that site to recognize your browser. Cookies may store user preference and other information. You can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some Site features may not function properly without cookies.
- A pixel, also known as a pixel tag or web beacon, is a small snippet of code embedded in a website. Pixels allow a website to transfer or collect information through a graphic image request. This information can be used, for example, to count site visitations and conversions, deliver, read and write to cookies, and for other purposes connected to the provision of advertising, analytics, or other services.
- Unique identifiers. A unique identifier is a string of characters that is used to recognize a user’s device, browser or other platform. Unique identifiers may be used in conjunction with or separate from cookies, including on platforms (e.g., certain mobile devices) where cookie technology is not available.
II. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use your Personal, Site, and App Information only to provide and improve the Services. We will not rent or sell your information to third parties. We share your information with third-parties for the limited purposes described in the Disclosure of Your Information Section below.
III. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
To service providers to provide support services
We may share your information with companies that provide support services, such as an email service or survey provider, to help fulfill the Services. These companies are not authorized to use the information we share with them for any other purpose.
To protect or comply with our legal rights and obligations
There may be instances where we have, in our discretion, a good faith belief that such use and/or disclosure is necessary in order to: (i) protect or defend our or your legal rights or property or those of our affiliates, employees, agents, and contractors (including enforcement of our agreements); (ii) protect the safety and security of members of the public, including responding to emergencies where there appears to be a danger of death or injury to any person; (iii) protect against fraud or for risk management purposes and to investigate potential related issues; or (iv) comply with the law, law enforcement, or legal process or proceedings or requests from public or government authorities.
To complete a merger or sale of assets
Upon your request
We may also use and/or share your information upon your request or instruction.
IV. INFORMATION FROM YOUR INTERACTION WITH THE APP
For the Potens App to function, the Potens tools must access other information (“App Information”), described below in this section. Access to this App Information will only be used to execute the App functions on your behalf and will not be shared with third parties. You may revoke the App’s access to your Google account at any time by visiting https://myaccount.google.com/permissions, and selecting “Remove Access.” In the event of a merger or sale of assets, we will give you reasonable prior notice to allow you to remove access prior to such merger or sale.
- Google Access Tokens, Offline Access, and User Data. By authenticating the App through your Google account, we are able to view your Google email address; however, we do not have access to or visibility of your Google password or any other authentication means. When you sign in to the App by entering your Google credentials, Google OAuth 2.0 passes us a token (“Access Token”). Each Access Token expires after one hour. If you need to access the App for longer than one hour, the App will prompt you to grant offline access, upon which Google will issue a refresh token, allowing the App to get a new Access Token approximately every hour (“Offline Access”). While Access Tokens allow us the ability to access the client data you have stored in Google BigQuery, we do not use, nor do we retain your client data in any way, other than accessing and executing Scopes on your behalf as described below. We can and may access website visitor statistics from Google.
- Google Application Programming Interface (“API”). By signing in with your Google credentials, we may access and execute Google APIs on your behalf, allowing us to access the following Google OAuth 2.0 scopes (“Scopes”):
- View and manage your data in Google BigQuery. This scope allows the App to access Google BigQuery APIs on your behalf;
- Manage your data and permissions in Google Cloud Storage.This allows the App to access Google Cloud Storage APIs on Client’s behalf; and
- View and manage your data across Google Cloud Platform services. This allows the App to access your Google Projects permissions. Goliath and Magnus User interfaces will display the features and functionality for which you have permission. This scope also allows Magnus the ability to run additional Google APIs on your behalf via the API Task, including, but not limited to, BigQuery Data Transfer Flow, Dataflow, Cloud Natural Language, and Cloud Translation.
V. Questions and comments